Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Relief - 2 Perfumes to Ease Suffering

Hello Everyone,

Looking at the devastation that is being left in the wake of Sandy this morning, I feel sad and helpless. So many people who have lost their homes, their power, their water, their lives. It's a devastation that I can't even begin to imagine.

Since I'm in no condition to travel to NY or NJ and help with the relief effort, I feel compelled to help and the only thing I can do is offer my skills and use the money I earn to help those in need.

I always have some special occasion perfume blends on reserve. Ones that will one day reveal their purpose and names to me when the time is right. Two stepped forward to proclaim that they were ready to volunteer and represent the cause.

We'll be offering two blends, HEKUA YANSA and SALVO LERI. All proceeds after cost of manufacture will be donated to the Red Cross where it will be used to provide relief from those pummeled by the ravages of Sandy.

These are $20 per bottle. Please include $5 for postage per order. (So, 2 bottles would come to $45, for example.) Please remit payment to paypal at conjureoils dot com. Feel free to add on to the order. Just do the math and let me know what you're getting. Orders over $100 ship free.

HEKUA YANSA

Oya, also known as Yansa is the Mother of Nine. She is the Rainbow in the sky, the Queen of the hurricane, the tornado, the cemetery gates and she watches over our Egun (our ancestors). She rules over the winds of abrupt change; she destroys to create. Don't try to fight Oya, metamorphosis is inevitable.

African musk, wind whipped white amber, torrential rain and the black plums Oya demands as adimu (food offering).

SALVO LERI

"Salvo Leri" is Lukumi for "Save my head" In the Santeria faith it is customary when one walks pass the cemetery gates to cross your arms over your chest and salute Oya saying, "Hekua Yansa, Salvo Leri!" Or, I salute you, Oya, please save my head! In Lukumi faith, the head is the seat of the soul, or the Ori. To lose one's head is tantamount to death. A good head can save a whole town. A bad head can destroy one just as easily. Let's keep our heads about us during these trying times.

Golden sandalwood, ginger co2, Egyptian amber, sugared violets, orange blossom, dark honey and drop of red musk.

I have enough for about 20-25 bottles on hand of each of these. So when we're sold out, I'll make a small announcement on FB. If you still haven't liked us there, now would be a good time!

A NOTE ON SHIPPING

We moved to a new physical location in September which has caused shipping to slow to a trickle. Right now we are finishing September orders and beginning October. We humbly and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. (The move was quite unexpected and lots of things went sideways in the move. I'm pretty much living the worst days of my life, to be perfectly honest with you. So please, bear with me here.) I'm considering going to visit my family in Michigan for the holidays, so if you're planning on ordering for Xmas gifts, please get your orders in by December 7th or so. I'll be sure to ship it all before I leave.

YULE CONTEST - CANCELLED

Because I feel that it's more important to get caught up than keep working on new stuff (since I lost my main shipper, it's back to just me doing it all again!) I need to cancel the Yule contest this year. I may do a small update, we'll see. Keep your entries safe for next year! Thanks to all the people who have sent me inquiries about the contest! I really appreciate it.

Stay warm, stay safe and love each other,

Vajra

No comments: