Saturday, July 13, 2013

TRIPLE SIX - CO's 6th Anniversary is LIVE!

Happy anniversary, Conjure! You're six now. Six whole years.

SIX YEARS?!? Wow.

That means if Conjure were a child, it would be a very fragrant first grader!
In all seriousness though, these past six years have been so many things: amazing, scary, wonderful, terrifying, encouraging, educational, silly, serious, seriously freaky and mostly fun!

Six years ago, I was just a little Iyawo fresh off the mat with nothing more than a book of formulas, ideas and dreams, a crate of oils, a heart filled with passion and a directive from Oshun to make perfumes for the people. Six years later, I have over a thousand formulas, enough components to fill a small aircraft hangar, and more heart and passion that you can shake a stick at. I also have love. Which when it comes down to it, that's the best part: my sweet three year old daughter Miss Lucy, my little ginger baby Sebastian, my accomplice Sterling and each and every one of you. Some of you have been with me from the very beginning (*waves at Valna, my first customer*) some of you are new to the Conjureverse, but you are all precious to me. And it's more than because you spend money here. It's WAY more than that. It's the friendships that have been forged, the connections made. 

Things have never been golden for this business. I've had to bust my ass to get where I am but there is no way in hell I could have done this without you, your input, feedback, support, perfectly timed kindnesses and love. There's that word again. LOVE. It is why I breathe. Everything I do is in love; the way of the Love Warrior. Our tribe. It's why I call this little perfume house that could CONJURE. A living verb that manifests the desires heart and mind into delights tangible, a world of our own making. Let's keep making our magick, our dreams. our tribe. Let's keep CONJURE alive. Together. 

Thank you.


A daring, devilish delicious elixir, simply sinful and searingly sexy! 

Six layers of Devil's food cake debauchery spiced with Ceylon cinnamon and Indonesian clove bud accompanied by an oozing scoop of Mexican vanilla bean ice cream slathered with caramel sauce smoked with lapsang souchong. Served doused with rum and set ablaze!

Thanks to the inimitable Paula Schricker for the devil cake drawing! See more of her amazing art at her site, Lycanthrotech. 

Thanks again. 

Love and Bliss,

Vajra & CO

No comments: