Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spring Time and Nursery Rhymes - Spring 2010 Limited Editions are LIVE!

Hello Everyone!

This update has been in the making since the early days of Winter when I six months pregnant, dreaming of what my future daughter would look like, be like. I couldn't wait until she was born so I could meet her!

At long last, after 20 long days past her due date (and not to mention eight days of labor!) my sweet Lucina Rose was born on April 29th, 2010. She was 10 lbs, 9.5 oz and 23 inches long! Despite my best efforts to have a natural water birth, Lucy had other plans and was born via emergency c section. My husband, friends and family have been so kind, loving and supportive and really have helped to ease the rocky transition into parenthood for our little family.

She is the most beautiful creature I've ever laid my eyes on and I fall in love with her more and more every day! I feel like I've known her forever and I can't imagine how my life ever was without her in it. This line is dedicated to her.


All Around the Mulberry Bush

All around the mulberry bush
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey thought 'twas all in fun.
Pop! goes the weasel.

A penny for a spool of thread,
A penny for a needle.
That's the way the money goes.
Pop! goes the weasel.

Up and down the City Road,
In and out of the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes.
Pop! goes the weasel.

Half a pound of tuppenney rice,
Half a pound of treacle,
Mix it up and make it nice,
Pop! goes the weasel.

juicy ripe mulberries, toasted rice and a trace of treacle warmed with fig and a light dusting of nutmeg and clove


Bat Bat Come Under My Hat

Bat, bat, come under my hat,
And I'll give you a slice of bacon;
And when I bake,
I'll give you a cake,
If I am not mistaken.


Devil's food cake, chocolate ganache, Conjure Oils' Apothecary dragon's blood and jasmine blossom musk

Curly Locks

Curly Locks, Curly Locks,
Will you be mine?
You shall not wash dishes,
Nor feed the swine,
But sit on a cushion
And sew a fine seam,
And sup upon strawberries,
Sugar, and cream.


raw sugar and vanilla bourbon extract are whipped into sweet cream clouds and served on fresh strawberry-filled tarts


Hey Diddle Diddle

Hey, diddle, diddle,
The cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon.
The little dog laughed
To see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon.

crystallized ginger, Indian sandalwood, black amber, vanilla resin and coconut milk.


The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Itsy Bitsy spider climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
Now Itsy Bitsy spider went up the spout again


Night Queen, lily of the valley, rain musk and ozone


Little Miss Muffet

Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey,
Along came a spider,
Who sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away

steel cut oats, Conjure Oils' Apothecary Raw Honey, whole milk, succulent black raspberry and orange blossoms


Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Mary Mary quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.

red patchouli, mandarin orange, frankincense, vanilla blossom, tobacco leaf, brown sugar and pink peppercorns


Ring Around the Rosy

Ring around the rosy
A pocketful of posies
"Ashes, Ashes"
We all fall down!

black rose incense, night blooming cereus, sweet pea, teakwood and orris root


Star Light, Star Bright

Star Light Star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

stargazer lily, sugar cane, black amber, red patchouli, butter cream and black tea


The Owl and the Pussycat

The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
"O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are, you are, you are,
What a beautiful Pussy you are."
Pussy said to the Owl "You elegant fowl,
How charmingly sweet you sing.
O let us be married, too long we have tarried;
But what shall we do for a ring?"
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the Bong-tree grows,
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose, his nose, his nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.
"Dear Pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling your ring?"
Said the Piggy, "I will"
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon.
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand.
They danced by the light of the moon, the moon, the moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.

honey rose, quince fruit, sparkling bergamot, sweet myrrh, a dark, calm sea and luminous moonlight musk


Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?
Up above the world so high , like a diamond in the sky
When the blazing sun is gone, when he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light, twinkle, twinkle all the night.
Then the traveler in the dark, thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see which way to go, if you did not twinkle so.
In the dark blue sky you keep, and often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye, 'till the sun is in the sky.
As your bright and tiny spark lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are - twinkle, twinkle little star

valencia orange, golden frankincense, white amber, white grapefruit, opalescent musk and a shower of glowing sandalwood stars drifting in deep labdanum and oud ocean


What Are Little Girls Made Of?

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice,
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.

steamed milk, chai spice, vanilla bean infused simple syrup and a sprinkling of powdered honey



...and



New soaps added to the Oddment Emporium for the month of June! I've only made 20 bars tof each scent and once they're gone, they're gone!

Added were:

Tempus Fugit Torte
Nuit
Raw Honey
and Whore of Babylon

This update was so long in the making that after many days of wondering when I would be finally able to, I am almost shivering with excitement to inally release it! Enjoy!

All the best,

Vajra

No comments: