Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope




Hello Everyone,

I was going to wait until later to post this, but I can't because I'm too excited to sleep. I'm typically not one to voice my opinions on politics, but I am feeling particularly moved by this election.

Tonight, we in the USA elected Barack Obama our 44th President of the United States in what could safely be called a landslide election. I wasn't alive to see the moon landing, but I think I know what it may have felt like as I witnessed history in the making when I took in the acceptance speech from our first African American president.

As I listen to the words of the speech, I feel eight years of bitter cynicism begin to melt away and I weep. A new and different sensation, not foreign to my heart, but foreign in the context of who I am as a citizen of the United States spreads over my body like the comforting warmth of the rising sun - a sense of unity; that I am a part of something vast and magickal. It is like sitting on some well worn pier, dangling my feet into the river of the collective unconscious.

I feel the granting of a million prayers for peace and change simultaneously. I feel us as a nation grow collectively taller, supported on the shoulders of our historical ancestors - the Civil Rights warriors who have passed to the other side. I feel them fill with light, pride and accomplishment, elevating us all.

From Barack Obama's acceptance speech:

"This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can."

Whether you voted for him, or not, there's still cause to celebrate this first - and I want to commemorate the occasion by doing what I do best!

Ever optimistic me had prematurely hand blended a perfume oil to potentially celebrate this momentous occasion if and when it should happen and now, with great pride and excitement, I get to offer it to you!

Hope

History is now! Celebrate the election of a new direction.

a lion-hearted blend of clove, African musk, galangal and black currants with a glorious shimmer of bold and brazen pink grapefruit.

5ml, $17.50 ppd. Only 44 available. Adding on to open orders is a-ok.

If you're feeling the excitement and would like to participate in this commemoration, Conjure Oils style, please email me at vajra at conjureoils dot com.

Thanks to all of you who voted, volunteered, gave, cared.


Congrats, America!

Vajra

No comments: